Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson "Man in th Mirror " RIP

In Memory of MJ 1958-2009

I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life,
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference,
Gonna Make It Right ~Michael Jackson ☆

When I first heard about Michael Jackson's death 2 days ago the first song tha came to mind was " Man in the Mirror " and it has been in my head since. I proceded to read posts on Twitter and Facebook throughout my day inbetween other necessary daily tasks and started to add my own. The format of social networking became for me a venue to pay homage...a place to tribute all of the great work of his youth...a place to be reminded and to share and remind others...As the last two days unfolded I realized that I no longer saw the eccentric and tormented adult but saw the Artist, the Icon, the genius, the great talent that my generation and my friends of a variety of generations loved so much...It all came back the 70's & the 80's....Thriller, We are the World, Off the Wall,Bad and other songs and videos's so clearly..Somehow death washed away the negative attributes and amazingly got me in the perspective focused on why Miichael Jackson earned the titel of "King of Pop".
In the past two days many people in the social networking circles sent links, and CNN had specials. I collected what I was moved by and then in turn I proceeded to post updates and links to videos as well also watching them myself being reminded of when I first saw them decades ago. Along with those memories came the events in my life taking places at those times and I became nostalgic , sad and still today find myself crying from time to time....I then realized I hadn't listened to or seen his music video's in decade's and by seeing them again it brought me back to his incredible talent and the great gift he had to change the world.
Let's remember Michael Jackson - His life, his legend and his legacy. He crossed over into a new musical media with Thriller. He defined the music media genre putting MTV on the map.
He bridged R& B and Pop...he bridged Soul & Rock with amazing talent...inspiring many artists along the way and in the future...You could see he did break down barriers and paved a road for many artists.
And to think he was working on making a comeback and probably would be a success at it globally as his previous efforts throughout his lifetime touching the masses of a variety of generations...

Many people loved him and he had many friends...
Fred Astaire called Michael Jackson, the greatest dancer of his generation...!

Liza Minelli said he changed history, he was always learning and growing and never had a childhood being pushed on the stage to perform and reherse from a very young age. She said everyone adored Michael.

He was an Apollo legend. I received many posts from there yesterday about all of the people gathering there celebrating Michael Jackson and his music. He first went to the Apollo with the Jackson 5 to amature night in the late 60's when Michael Jackson was 11 years old.


My favorite Michael Jackson quotes :
"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.” ~ Michael Jackson

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” ~ Michael Jackson
"And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.” ~ Michael Jackson

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.~ Michael Jackson

"Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel." ~ Michael Jackson

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation." ~ Michael Jackson

The following are some of the outpouring of statements from his loved ones and co-workers : They all really loved him !

"My heart, my mind are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul. I cannot imgine life without him.We had so much in common and had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news and I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so..He will live in my heart forever but its not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone ever knew how much we loved each other... the purest most giving love I've ever known...Oh God I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with Gods help I'll learn...I keep loking at the photo he gave me saying "To my true love Elizabeth, I'll love you forever" and I'll love him forever "...statement from Elizabeth Taylor

Quincy Jones produced three of Michael Jackson's solo album's :
Off the Wall
Thriller
Bad
We Are The World Charity Project ( He collaborated with Michael Jackson on)
HE said : "Hearing of Michael Jackson's death has been so surreal. I almost collapsed when I heard the news. Our souls were attached for a long time. He is my little brother. He had such love, trust and passion and I will always cherish that for a long time. He was the most professional person I ever worked with in my life. He was so aware and focused and always studying everyone to be better. I was on my way to London to be with everyone tomorrow at his opening. ~ statement from Quincy Jones
"I'm shocked and saddened by Michael's passing. I, along with his millions of fans, looked forward to seing him tour one more time. Now may he rest in peace." statement from Tina Turner
Shelly Berger managed the Supremes Diana Ross, The Temptations, and Smoky Robinson. He said :"He had just come home from being on the road with the Supremes and was told by his boss that he was needed to manage the Jackson 5. He went in to hear them and was blown away by Michael. He reminded him of a young Sammy Davis Junior. He was flabergasted at how great they were.....statement from Shelly Berger
"I have a heavy heart. I wouldn't be who I am today as a philanthropist, a humanitarian or an artist without being friends with Michael Jackson. He honestly transcended music and broke down barriers that were unbreakable. But through God's will he was able to do incredible work while here. He was truly a vessel." statement from Usher

"He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I wil always cherish the moments I shared with him on the stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together" statement from Justin Timberlake
"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unabl to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his children and his family." statement from Diana Ross

"Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world " Mariah Carey









No comments:

Post a Comment