Thursday, July 2, 2009

Victor Hugo or Vince Lombardi ?

I had a comment on this Victor Hugo quote:
"He who abandons the field is beaten." ~ Victor Hugo, ' Les Miserables' 1862
On Facebook Mark Meyers said:
"No, I believe that one was Vince Lombardi."

Thank you Mark for the input....I started to wonder and did my research ....
As it turns out it was definately written by Victor Hugo but I wonder which quote by Vince Lombardi that Mark thought was similar ?
Does anyone know ?
Vince Lombardi wrote many quotes to do with the field, battle, losing, not quitting and excellence. I can clearly see why Mark though this one was Vince's.
Anyway, I think I will tribute a week to him soon, thanks to Mark for the spotlight.
In the time being here are other quotes written by Vince Lombardi with a similar concept....

If you can accept losing, you can't win. Vince Lombardi

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. Vince Lombardi

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment